Thursday May, 22…little sister Jenna's graduation from high school! Had to get there super early to save seats in the bleachers.
There she is! (On the right of the short teacher in black)
It was a beautiful night!! Seriously, for Arizona in May it was perfect!
Corona del Sol class of 2014
Senior choir singing "Don't You Forget About Me". Jenna had a solo :)
I love seeing the explosion of orange and gold hats!
Em and Jen, 2010 and 2014 CdS grads
Mom and Dad's last kid is graduated!
First Freed Family Selfie :D
On Friday Mom, Dad, Emily, Zach, and I went to the new Musical Instrument Museum (MIM). There were instruments or styles of music for EVERY country in the entire world. It got a little long but it was really neat. My favorites were the American Jazz, European orchestra, and Latin American styles.
Afterwards I mentioned how the MIM would have been way cooler if we could actually play some of the instruments. Turns out there was an interactive part of the museum we totally missed! Bummer, I've always wanted to try a didgeridoo…
We grabbed an early dinner at Sol Mexican Cocina at Scottsdale Quarter and shared some yummy tacos. Mom's black bean and sweet potato taco was delicious!
Zach and I spent one night at the Pointe Squaw Peak and lounged poolside for a day :)
Zach and I have now hiked two trails in PHX. South Mountain last Thanksgiving and "A" Mountain in Tempe this trip. I hadn't hiked "A" Mountain since I was a kid and didn't remember it being THAT steep. It was really short but REALLY hard and to be honest I was not very kind to my self motivated, encourager of a husband as my lungs and legs were about to explode. At the top I was thankful for his pushing and not letting me give up but let's just say I was not very Christ-like on the way up…:0
View of Sun Devil Stadium
Tempe Town Lake
Don't I look thrilled?
The "A" of "A" Mountain
When I told people in Indiana that we hiked "A" Mountain this was basically the conversation…
Me: We hiked…
Them: Oh, what did you hike?
Me: "A" Mountain
Them: *laughs* yes I know you hiked a mountain but which one?
Me: We hiked A Mountain!
Them: *very confused*...
So that was our trip in May! I was fortunate enough to go again for a long weekend in September to spend time with my family and to meet Amy's new little guy born in August. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures but it was a great time to just enjoy and reconnect :)
Immediately upon stepping off the plane I looked for a perfect picture of the city to text Zach to make him jealous happy for me :)
Amy, Noah, and I went to P.F. Changs with mom and Gina
Quick breakfast at Scramble with some of my favorite girls
Mom, Alyse, Emily, and I spent some time looking for art pieces at Junk in the Trunk
Out to eat at an old favorite at a new location, Classic Italian Pizza
Sad to leave all the desert beauty and people and places I love but exited to get home to be with my guy who was waiting for me :)

















0 comments:
Post a Comment