Getting Crafty

Since the invention of Pinterest, creative people and beautiful things have only helped to depress inspire me :)  If I allowed myself more time, I would get lost pinning all of my "DIY Home Decor" ideas like wine bottle vases, floating shelves made of books, vintage door headboards, and barn wood dining room tables :)  I've tried my hand at some various projects over the past 6 months or so, nothing major but just a few small projects.  Some were great victories while others were sad flops.  Almost all have mistakes because of rushing through :(.  Zach says no one notices the mistakes except me.  He's trying to be encouraging but I'm not convinced he's right ;).  He actually is super sweet about my art projects though, and gets really excited when I show him what I'm working on.

Here are my attempts at being crafty over the last 7-ish months...

2 goodwill lamps with a can of Krylon Looking Glass spray paint…


became this!




5 skeins of Alpaca Mohair Wool yarn became this… (March '14)


then this…(May '14)


then this… [notice the mistake?:(] (August '14)


then this...  First baby blanket and first knitted project I'm actually showing people :P



then, finally, this!!! Baby Noah in his blanket!  I prayed many prayers for him and his mommy and daddy while I knitted this blanket :)


For an auction item I started with white card stock, some water colors, and painters tape which became…


this...



...then this!!  Bookmarks :) I laminated them after I was done.


I also "modpodged" pages from an old Bible onto a canvas and painted a verse over the top but I can't seem to find those pictures right now…  

Now I'm working on some fall decorations, another baby blanket (not for me!), and an old night stand which I'll document one of these days.  I'm hoping to craft this winter when it's too cold to do anything else :)






1 comments:

  1. impressive! i laugh about your comment about you & zach. i'm my worst critic and ross is my best cheerleader. :)

    and your blanket looks awesome - i've been wanting to take up knitting but i don't know where to start? did you teach yourself?

    ReplyDelete