Epic Weekend

Here I am sitting here again in a coffee shop because we STILL don't have internet (you don't realize how much you need, yes need, internet until you don't have it).  It's actually been kind of fun, takes me back to my college days working in the MU on campus :) It's Thursday, I'm almost done with my first week of my third year teaching, it's a beautiful day, and I'm thankful.  I'm thankful for the new decently sized dent in my front bumper I JUST got because I was able to practice keeping my cool under stressful circumstances.  I'm thankful for my job because even though it can be super frustrating, I see progress in kids I never thought would still be here at GW and that's very rewarding.   I'm thankful for my hubby because he's amazing and so dedicated to all the responsibilities on his plate.  I'm super sore muscles and my numb left arm because it's a reminder of how much fun the weekend was.

Last weekend was "epic", according to Zach :)  It was so busy with the kind of things you want to be busy with: friends, memories, new experiences, productivity, and of course, FUN! Friday was my last weekday off before the school year began and it consisted of me working hard on the house and hanging at a coffee shop in Fort Wayne where I got some work done for school, a Target run, and the Tin Caps with Zach, Mitch and Ashley.  Zach got free tickets from work that were right behind the home team dugout.  Before the game we introduced Mitch and Ashley to Shigs in Pit for a good barbecue dinner.  We had such a great time and Zach even got selected to be a contestant for the 8th inning game.  He correctly guessed the attendance for tat night's baseball game :)  So funny!


It was "Muppet night" hence the announcer's get-up


Saturday Zach got up at 5am to be in Huntington to play at his work's golf outing where he won a long drive contest and a long putt contest!  We now have too many gift cards to Walmart so I know were we'll be shopping for awhile ;)  Once he came home he took me out for a late birthday dinner, just us two at Bagger Dave's.  We then headed to the Lion and Lamb Festival to see Rend Collective perform their songs and lead us in beautiful worship and celebration of the message of the gospel. 




 Amanda, Chelsea, and the Slagels were there too :)



As soon as we left the concert we headed up to Fremont where we joined friends at a lake house that was being rented by the Plummers and got to bed so the boys could wake up early and attempt bare footing.  They couldn't get up on the water but that didn't keep us from having a blast the rest of the day, lounging on the pontoon and by the house, riding the jet skis, and water skiing, or at least TRYING to water ski in my case.  For a first timer I was only able to get up 4 times and I never stayed up long enough to actually call it skiing :/  Maybe next time I'll get it :)  Zach and I were both in terrible pain from all the new ways we used our muscles, not fun, but it's good to be sore after a day like that.  So, that was our "epic" weekend!  Thankful we got to cram all that in right before summer officially ended for me.  Now I'm counting down the days to our upcoming Indy trip to celebrate our 2 year anniversary, a trip to Phoenix to meet baby Noah and spend time with family, and a three week Christmas/New Years adventure in Phoenix and then the DR!!  Lots to look forward to!!










     

1 comments:

  1. aw, this sounds fun so! i love weekends that are full of friends & activities! still bummed about missing rend, but glad you guys could enjoy it... :)

    ReplyDelete