Summer!!!

    So far this summer has been glorious!!  I was skeptical that it would be rejuvenating and fun since at GWS we work year round and teach summer school but teaching only four days a week with the kids split into morning and afternoon groups AND having an awesome intern working with me to create lessons and teach has been such a needed break!  I find myself actually bored on the weekends because I have more time to get stuff done and relax than I ever did during the school year.  Imagine that!  

    A recap of how we've spent our summer so far...

Memorial Day weekend we had an indoor cookout (it was raining) with Ben & Alissa and Andrew & Corrie.

May 29-June 4 East Coast Vacation

June

  • Olivia's Graduation
  • Tried "garage saling" and found a couple steals
  • Sang with the CCC in Latty, OH
  • Spent time at the pool for a few hours almost every weekend
  • Summer School classes started
  • Summer girls bible study group met and started reading/discussing Kisses from Katie
  • Sang with Jeff and Sarah for Milford VBS
  • Other bible studies/praise singings
  • had a girls night at our apartment with swimming, tacos, and a british movie :)
  • Zach played well in a golf tournament 
  • Ate at Dos Margaritas and went Putt Putt golfing with Mitch & Ashley, and Marcus & Jena
  • Fireworks celebration in Leo and cookout at Jeff & Tina's
And now some pictures!  I haven't done a very good job of taking many :/ Hopefully I'll start changing that.

 So long High School!
 Showing off his brand new putter that he found for a fair price
 Putt Putt
 The golfing was getting off to a really fun start but as you might be able to tell in the pictures, the weather wasn't friendly and we were told to leave the course due to lightning.  A few minutes later it started pouring buckets so we spent some time in the arcade and then at Marcus & Jena's place.  We got rain checks for the golf so we'll have to go back again when its sunnier :D


0 comments:

Post a Comment