With the end of another school year, the warmer weather, ample opportunities to be outside and enjoy the sunshine, and the start of the summer school schedule, I can thankfully say that my brain feels healthier and I (more often) feel normal again. I'm still doing a lot of soul searching, praying and seeking the Lord for wisdom and direction, and sitting at his feet listening but many times I fail. I lack trust, faith, love, grace for others, and joy more times than I would like to admit and I have meltdowns that I wish I didn't have but I'm thankful that Christ covers my inadequacies and makes me new. Always.
I am currently reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp which speaks directly to what my heart is lacking: sincere and radical gratitude. I'm only a few chapters in and when I do read it I can feel the transformation that goes on inside of me, changing me from bitter and resentful to completely in awe of the amazing gifts that God pours out on me, the gifts I so often discard. It's been a tremendous help in shifting my attitude and I hope I can be renewed through the life lessons and perspectives this author shares.
So since Winter Break (:/), we have stayed at Pokagon State Park for the Gateway Woods staff retreat. Always a fun getaway with people I admire and love to get to know better :) Sorry, I didn't take any pictures :(
I went to a Komets game with Amanda and Bri.
We, and the rest of Fort Wayne, booked it outside when the sun came out and the temperature was in the 60s (you can still see some snow in the background)
Only to wail in desperation for spring when it snowed on March 12th.
We also were treated to a wonderful dinner made by friends
Visited the driving range (I can hit them in the air now!)
Babysat for friends
Worked on some DIY projects
Started knitting my first baby blanket
Celebrated Easter
Golfed some more
Flattened both passenger side tires on I-69 on my way to work. Funny story now, my husband, love him, had his phone on silent and wan't answering so my F.I.L. drove to our apartment to make him aware of my situation. In the meantime someone I knew from church randomly pulled off on the side of the road to help the poor, helpless girl along with two police and a foul mouthed young man. All ended well :)
Met monthly with our young couples Bible Study group to build relationships, encourage each other in our walks with Christ, and (as this picture shows) shoot clays (I think that's what they are...we didn't do that where I come from).
Co-directed and acted in my second Gateway Woods School play, "Someone Save My Baby, Ruth!"
Started the process of packing up and moving out of our apartment
Took walks through Foster Park to de-stress during the move
And locked up and said goodbye to our first home together. Many tears were shed on my end (as you can tell from my lovely picture). Change is not always easy for me, I can get pretty weepy when I'm nostalgic and fearful of the future :/
Why/where we moved I'll save for the next post as well as an explanation of why we have been sleeping in a tent in the backyard for the last 4 nights...:P
Up next a recap of our 10 days in Phoenix :D

great update - what a fun year you have had! anxious to hear this explanation of why you've been sleeping in a tent?! :)
ReplyDelete