More Summer: In Pictures



 We are in Florida!  I can't believe the time is already here!  Zach and I are so excited and ready to start this next chapter.  After the many tear-filled goodbyes, the worst part of this move by far, we are confident that the journey that awaits will be filled with abundant blessings.

Before I report on how things are going in not-so-sunny Florida, here's a recap in pictures of the rest of our summer 2015...

We spent a weekend in the middle of July with our Bible Study group at a church couple's cabin on Lake Diane in Camden, MI.  It was so great to spend time together, even if the boat stopped working an hour into Saturday morning.  Fortunately, I was able to stand up on the water skis for the first time ever right before it died.  Next year will be my year! ;)










I did few crafts this summer but I did make coasters out of square tiles and scrapbook paper for the Gateway Auction's craft tent


Celebrated my 26th birthday!  Zach treated me to a lovely picnic lunch at Shoaff Park Sunday afternoon.  We about lost our food the wind was blowing hard!  The next day we celebrated with family with a delicious "tapas" dinner :)





Said goodbye to my time as a teacher at Gateway Woods School.  It wasn't really hitting me that I was leaving until I drove away down Klopfenstein Rd.  Definitely shed a few tears :(


Zach and I had a date night at Barnes and Noble courtesy of The Dating Divas.  We followed their instructions and did some fun activities together like browse through the cooking section and pick a recipe you want to make for your spouse, find a quiz in a magazine and take it together, read one of your favorite children's books to your spouse.  It was a FREE and unique way to get out of the house and spend time with each other



We took almost a whole week off to travel to Kansas to meet up with my parents in Gridley in August.  It was such a special time being with the Kraft and Strahm sides of our family.  Photo cred goes to my mom :)



















On our way back to Indiana from Kansas we took a detour down to Brown County for an anniversary trip.  We stayed at this little Inn that was kinda creepy because there was never any staff present, the window in our room was broken, and the keys to our room were hanging from a hook outside when we arrived...Needless to say we made it out alive and had a really nice time.  Nashville, IN is a quaint little town with dozens of artistic shops.  We spent a few hours browsing before heading to Brown County State Park where we drove around the entire park looking out at the beautiful tree covered views.













Driving home from Brown County we stopped in Indy at a restaurant that was featured on Diner's, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  I would say it fit the description of all 3 and to me, the food wasn't worth the hype.  Zach did enjoy his beef and noodles and I will say the Coconut Cream Pie was incredible!



I was able to join friends at Country Heritage Winery to hear Mitch perform as we sipped our wine slushies and ate delicious Mexican food from Sol Kitchen food truck.  A lovely and beautiful evening!



We wrapped up our time in Fort Wayne with a stop at one of our favorite restaurants!


Held a 3 day garage sale to prepare for our move and had this guy for company



Spent an evening eating as much junk as we could at the Grabill Fair and hanging with some dear friends






Started the dreaded goodbyes with a relaxing evening in Ohio with our couples bible study group




 and then another with close friends, appetizers, and wine 










Zach trying out his new trick he learned in Kansas ;)

Johnny Appleseed Festival



 Last time at the Bee's with some great friends!


and our final night of goodbyes before heading out the next morning!  We cannot express how thankful we are, how much we are blessed, and how deeply we love the people we left behind.  God is GOOD!
   























0 comments:

Post a Comment