This man. He inspires me. He amazes me. He knows me, a lot about me, like all the really bad stuff, and loves me anyway. Not like a fluffy kind of love that ebbs and flows but a deep, committed, unconditional kind of love. Constant and never changing. One that I struggle to accept, struggle to believe, struggle to give! He is young and has a lot to learn and many areas to grow in. These last 3 years have stretched him and matured him in so many ways. I am privileged to stand by him and support him as he willingly pours himself out in service to God and humbly asks Him to mold and shape his heart and character.
Today has been a test of my faith. We've got 3 weeks until the end of the school year, spring fever is in full swing, and nobody seems to want to do what they're supposed to at school. (:/ teenagers!) Earlier, I had the thought "when life gives you lemons...don't see them as lemons! See them as all a part of God's greater plan to make us more like Him!" Thankful that God has been working on this Truth in my heart and head lately and that he equipped me with grace and Truth right when I needed it.
Yesterday I announced I will be stepping away from my job and Zach's 11 month internship ended today, sooner than we originally thought. Now he's focusing on graduating in August rather than in December and I'm trying to stay driven and committed to the end of the school year and summer semester.
So, what's next? I'm sure we are going to be getting this question a lot. Well...we've got a pretty good idea what's next...but I'm going to hold off on saying what just yet :) I'll save that for another blog post, but rest assured that God is so good and He's opening doors!
Now to reflect back over how blessed we were through the winter and look forward to exciting new experiences!
Snowy Sunday night games with Kaebs
Joined a gym, got a trainer, started Zumba again :)
Tried to make creative use of a cold night in with T-shirt headbands!
Pokagon Staff Retreat
Girls Bowling Night
Our lovely Valentines dinner. Shepherd's Pie, strawberry spinach salad, and beer bread.
Zach planned a day with a couple's massage, relaxing, and making a gourmet dinner
The buds
Zach's birthday dinner at Red Robin
We are blessed!! Goodbye winter, hello spring!
0 comments:
Post a Comment