Why Blog?

I don't have cute kids that say hilarious things, I'm not a fitness guru or a cooking wiz, I am not a great writer, and I'm not a missionary serving in a far away country.  So why start a blog?  I'm asking myself this question more than I am looking for an answer.

I am an avid blog stalker.  I read TONS of blogs. Blogs of people I know really well and some I've never met before.  It has been a dream of mine to create my own someday (when I have pictures of cute kids to show my family in AZ ;D).  I was encouraged to start one now as a way of documenting Zach's and my life together.  So far in our almost 8 months of marriage I have done a terrible job of journaling or photographing any of our experiences or lessons learned.  It all stops here!  I make this day the day I stop waiting for the perfect circumstances to fall into place and find reasons to share my thoughts today!  Reminds me of the sermon we heard on Sunday.  We were encouraged to stop thinking "if only I were more outgoing, more friendly, more comfortable, older, younger, more experienced, married, had more kids, had fewer kids, single" than I could be really effective for the kingdom of God.  What a lie we convince ourselves of! We limit God's power to our lowly circumstances.  We are broken and empty vessels but are made for our master's use.  It's not about being perfect, it's about serving and honoring Christ in whatever situation or status.

So, here we are.  Married 8 months and beyond blessed.  Thankful for where He has brought us and excited to see where He takes us.  I hope this blog can serve not only as a way of documenting the experiences we share but also as a means of looking back at how far we've come 10, 20, 50 years from now!  I want to look back and see how God was leading and directing our steps when we didn't see it at the time.  For He knows the plans He has for us, plans for prosper and not for harm.  Hard times are ahead, that is for certain, but my prayer is that with Christ as our head we will only grow more into Christlikeness and not fall onto paths of destruction.  We invite you along to encourage us, convict us, and walk with us on our journey through life, love, marriage and serving the one and only Creator God.

2 comments:

  1. Love that you are writing and documenting your life. What a neat thing to look back on as the years fly by, and fly by they will, as U. Jon and I will be married 40 years next April! You are a great writer and definitely have a way with words!Look forward to keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so excited you decided to start blogging, welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete